Friday, December 31, 2010

Favorite Appetizers

Sometimes I think appetizers are kind of the underdog in the crowd. Because we're gearing up for the big meal, we often neglect them. I believe we're giving up on some yummy treats! I will sometimes make a meal out of appetizers. At a restaurant this is nice because you get to sample different things and you sometimes spend less money than if you had gotten a whole meal. At home this is fun because they're usually bite size, so the kids think they're getting something fun. You can even include them in the making. I will admit that I have a hard time with including the kids in the kitchen, but that's for another post.
Here are a couple of my favorite appetizers. Feel free to post yours!

Onion Strings
From "The Pioneer Woman"
These are quick and easy and oh so yummy! Know that your seasonings go a long way.

Sausage Balls
I have eaten these since I was a little girl sneaking them out of my grandmother's kitchen before all of the guests arrived for her annual Christmas party. Someone had to make sure they were good enough for the guests.

Spinach Cheese Balls
Ok, so I haven't actually tried these yet, but they look like a yummy variation of the aforementioned sausage balls.

I hope you have a Blessed New Year! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment