Thursday, March 10, 2011

Pancakes

I tried a new recipe for pancakes. Confession alert! They weren't for breakfast. Growing up we always had pancakes (or waffles) for dinner. So, when Brynne asks for pancakes. We have pancakes. I do serve some fruit with it and sometimes I even sneak some squash or sweet potatoes into the batter. SHHHHH!
Anywho, back to the pancakes. I wanted an untraditional recipe. I scoured and I found one and now I have forgotten where I found them. :) So if you'll forgive me for not posting the credit, I'll share the recipe below.
Talk amongst yourselves....share your favorite pancake/waffle/breakfast recipe below.

Crepe Pancakes
5 eggs
1 cup milk
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/4 melted butter
dash of salt and pepper (no, this is not a typo)

Beat eggs until they're frothy. Blend in milk. Mix in both sugar and flour until completely incorporated. Mix in butter and salt and pepper. Let sit while you heat a small skillet over medium heat. The batter will be very thin! Spray the skillet with cooking spray. Pour about a 1/4 cup of the batter into the skillet. Swirl the batter to evenly coat the bottom of the skillet. Leave it alone for 2-3 minutes and flip. Let the other side cook for 1-2 minutes and serve. Repeat. Top with strawberries and whipped cream, fruit preserves or just plain syrup.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment